Sunday, December 17, 2006

ok, so I'm realizing that this "blog" is pretty much just turning into a digital notepad for me. ahhaha. whatever. mainly wanted to grab the username before someone else did. will probably turn this into something more interesting later on... for now, just scraps and pretty quotes and personal scatterbrained notes that will only make sense to me :P

on that note-

"The limits of my language are the limits of my world. And in that respect, whatever I say must limit the world and make it finite. All I know is what I have words for."  - Ludwig Wittgenstein. 

Bernini: the architect's task "consists not in making beautiful and comfortable buildings, but in knowing how to invent ways of using the insufficient, the bad, the ill-suited to make beautiful things in which what had been a defect becomes useful, so that if it did not exist one would have to create it."

reconstruction: there IS implicit order, organizing principle in the universe, we just have to keep searching for it beyond rationalism. look for it at the most basic level. in architecture: circulation, program, etc. focus on the people. social needs. empirical patterns in nature.

romanticism of post-modern homelessness ladytron and airplanes... most comfortable in the middle zone of nowhere and everywhere, babies of modernism. weird subconscious feeling of comfort in that interstice of airspace. international dateline. we are a homeless generation.

No comments: